Clean beauty products are those that do not contain toxic ingredients.
They are made with your health in mind, as well as that of the planet.
Unfortunately, many companies do not produce and sell such products because some unclean ingredients cost less to procure. Or if they do use clean ingredients, they charge exorbitant amounts, making them inaccessible for most people.
We believe in clean, sustainable beauty. In our opinion, it is the only way to achieve truly healthy skin.
- Clean beauty products do not contain certain preservatives, like formaldehyde
- Healthful beauty products contain ingredients that promote skin health, not just cover symptoms like a Band-Aid
- The best skincare products contain pure ingredients
- The goal in skincare should be simplicity and efficiency
What is Clean Beauty?
Clean products should avoid ingredients that have a high carbon or energy footprint. They should also contribute to the betterment of your health, not cause problems.
And yet, many toxic ingredients are still found in an abundance of beauty and skincare products.
Some of these ingredients include:
- Phthalates: Added to products to increase softness (plasticizer), reduce viscosity (stickiness), and condition the skin. Also commonly used in nail polishes, phthalates are easily absorbed through the skin and nails. They have been linked to damaged male and female reproductive systems, fertility, and poor genital development in males.
- Formaldehyde: Commonly used in nail polishes and hair straightening and smoothing products, formaldehyde is another toxic preservative. It is a known carcinogen and can cause an increase in liver toxicity. Long-term exposure can also cause skin rashes. Studies going back to 1925 link formaldehyde exposure to a variety of health conditions and even death.
- Petrolatum: A moisturizer that is made up of a mix of hydrocarbons used to trap moisture, soften, protect, and lubricate the skin. Hydrocarbon toxicity can damage the circulatory, gastrointestinal, and nervous systems. Serious toxicity can lead to death.
The Best Skincare Products: What Clean Beauty Means to Us
At snowperk, we are determined to use the cleanest ingredients possible in our skincare products. In our opinion, some of the key features of a clean skincare brand are purity, simplicity, and efficiency.
Our goal is to find ingredients that have been successfully used by traditional cultures to achieve radiant skin.
For example, we looked to Native American healing practices. We found that they used Canadian Willowherb to heal burns and soothe skin irritation.
Through our research, we found that this ingredient contains Oenothein B, a bioactive molecule that has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
We have infused our Soothing & Hydrating Booster with 30% Canadian Willowherb extract to help calm the skin and protect it from environmental irritants and pollutants.
Another example: In our Balancing Moisture Gel-Cream, we use:
- Purified sugar beetroot
- Glycerin from a vegetable source (coconut and palm oils)
- Propanediol from a vegetable source (corn)
Each ingredient is sustainably sourced. The product does not contain any toxic ingredients. Therefore, we help protect the environment and your health, while also helping you achieve soft, supple, smooth skin. This moisturizer is the best moisturizer for sensitive skin!
Our products are free of artificial colors and fragrances. We use a minimal amount of powerful, natural ingredients. More ingredients do not mean a product is better. We find that when a product has a less complicated ingredients list, the better results our customers experience.
We understand how frustrating it is to purchase an expensive product only to be disappointed by the results. We fully test our products on skincare enthusiasts who give us feedback to help us refine our formulas.
For instance, in July 2020, we conducted a study using our Soothing & Hydrating Booster. Twenty-five Asian women tried the product. After 14 days, most saw visible improvement in their complexion, noticing a beautiful glow. Seventy-five percent said they were satisfied with this face serum and will continue to use it.
Any products we produce in the future will also go through a rigorous testing cycle. We will make sure they contain natural, healthy, non-toxic ingredients – and that they actually work.
How to Know Your Skin Type and Build Your Own Clean Beauty Skincare Routine
Do you want to build a clean skincare routine?
The first step in doing so is identifying your skin type. The easiest way to do this is with our skin iD test.
Once you know more about your skin type, the next step is identifying the needs of your skin. If you have any of the following conditions, you will need certain products and ingredients to boost the health of your skin.
- Scars/dark spots
- Dark undereye circles
- Large pores
- Excess oil
- Excess dryness or dry patches
- Eczema, psoriasis, or other rashes
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Finally, you will need to find a beauty brand that uses clean ingredients.
Based on your skin iD results and your needs, you will be able to find products that are best for nearly every combination – from finding the best product for large pores and oily skin to the best moisturizer for combination skin.
Over time, you will start to notice marked improvements including:
- Less dullness, more vibrancy
- Fewer breakouts
- Mattifying of overly oily skin
- Hydration for dry skin
- Less visible pores, lines, and wrinkles
Are You Ready to See the Benefits of a Clean Beauty Skincare Routine?
Clean skincare products are sustainable and do not contribute to the pollution of your skin or the environment. While we all want to invest in products like that, many people think they cannot afford them because most of the clean products they see advertised are quite expensive.
However, with snowperk, you can get products containing clean ingredients at an affordable price. We are committed to helping women not only achieve a youthful-looking glow, but to achieve truly healthy, strong, gorgeous skin.
To get the best results, you need to get to know your skin really well. Take our free skincare iD test to learn all you can about your skin.