Every person’s skin concerns and skin type are different. From dry and sensitive to oily and breakout-prone, there are various factors at play when developing skin care sets that work for you. That’s why it is important to create a personalized skincare routine that meets your individual needs.
Many companies provide pre-packaged skin care sets that don’t take into account your specific skin issues. This results in waste— both in money and in products— as you’re sure to receive products you will never even use. Additionally, people may try to hand-select a group of products without fully realizing how they’ll affect their skin. This leads to an ineffective skincare routine with disappointing results.
Personalized skin care sets will give your skin the treatment it needs while delivering nourishment and minimizing the visual effects of aging.
- Understand the needs of your particular skin ID.
- Identify the common issues you may want to address with your hand-selected skin care set.
- Determine what types of products you’ll need for your particular concerns.
- Decide what’s important to you and use those parameters to find the products that meet all of your needs.
- Do your research to ensure you’re purchasing products that will yield positive results.
5 Steps for Building Skin Care Sets for Your Needs
Building skin care sets that work for you takes understanding, insight, and careful attention. Here are five steps for building skin care sets for your specific needs.
1. Understand Your Skin’s Needs
Skin care products are designed to address particular skin type and skin concerns, or skin ID. To build a skin care set that’s right for you, you must first understand the needs of your particular skin ID. This simple skin analysis quiz can help determine whether you have normal, oily, dry, or combination skin. Knowing that will give you insight into the issues you face daily. For instance, if you want to hydrate dry skin, you may want an oil-based moisturizer to hydrate cells. If you want to hydrate oily skin, you’ll want a light moisturizer that won’t clog pores and lead to acne.
Skin concerns tend to change frequently, sometimes based on your environment, diet, and even microbiome health. As a result, you’ll need to choose your skin care products accordingly. One of the benefits to hand-selecting your own skin care set is you aren’t locked into a collection of products that only meet one need. You can easily mix and match individual products to meet changing skin requirements.
2. Identify Common Concerns for Different Skin IDs
Understanding your skin concerns and skin type helps guide you in choosing products that are most effective for your skin needs.
Here are common issues you may seek to resolve with a custom skin care set:
- Normal/Sensitive: Although you have a healthy balance of moisture and sebum, you’re prone to breakouts or redness due to harsh chemicals or fragrances.
- Dry/Sensitive: Skin has rough patches, feels tight, itches, or experiences flaking and peeling.
- Oily/Resistant and Oily/Sensitive: Your face shows enlarged pores, shininess (especially along the T-zone), and is prone to breakouts.
- Combination: Cheeks are scaly and rough while the T-zone is greasy with blackheads, whiteheads, and breakouts.
Age, environment, and even stress levels can impact the condition of your skin. Recognizing the issues of your particular skin ID can help prepare you for selecting products for a skin care set that will yield the most effective results.
3. Consider Which Types of Products You’ll Need
Skin care sets typically consist of a series of products that work together toward a common goal. Maybe you want to know how to get firmer skin, or you need the best moisturizer for combination skin. Whatever the objective, it’s helpful to identify what type of products you’ll need to address your concerns.
Skin care sets typically focus on one of these purposes:
- Cleanse: A product to wash your face and help remove layers of dirt, oil, and dead skin cells that accumulate throughout the day.
- Tone: Balance your complexion and add nutrients to the skin.
- Moisturize: Skin loses hydration daily. Use a product to replenish those skin cells and smooth overall appearance.
- Protect: Sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 will help protect skin from damaging infrared rays and ultraviolet rays.
Based on your skin ID, you can look for products that will complement each other to serve these needs.
4. Decide What’s Important
Choosing skin care products isn’t just about meeting your physical needs. It’s also about meeting your socioeconomic needs. As you begin shopping for products to build your skin care set, think about what’s most important to you.
Are you concerned about where your products come from? Do you want products that are over 95% natural? Are you determined to purchase name-brand items? How much money are you willing to spend? Setting parameters ahead of time can help guide you in your quest for a skin care set that meets all of your needs.
5. Do Your Research
Whatever priorities you set for yourself, before making a final purchase, it’s always best to do your research. Unfortunately, you can’t believe everything you read on labels. Look up companies and read about their best practices. Learn how they develop, test, and manufacture their products. Look closely at ingredients. Avoid products with skin-irritating parfums, sulfates, and alcohols.
Read online reviews about both companies and products. Look for common complaints or concerns and learn which brands to avoid. When people find a product they love, they’ll shout it from the rooftops. Visit social media sites and search for discussions about skin care products and companies. Ask your community for input. The more informed you are, the better decision you can make about choosing products that will produce positive outcomes for your needs.
Create Personalized Skin Care Sets with Snowperk
Understanding your individual skin concerns and skin type is essential when choosing ingredients and products that are right for you. Snowperk offers a line of skincare products tailored just for you. We’ll guide you in determining your skin ID (skin concern and type) to build skin care sets that deliver lasting results in just 14 days.
Build your personal skin care sets today!