In case you hadn’t heard, glowy skin is in. Smooth, blemish-free faces are all over our Instagram feeds, leading loads of beauty lovers to mix and match exfoliators, serums, and moisturizers with reckless abandon in pursuit of that glowing skin.
Ask just about anyone these days and they will tell you that their number one beauty goal, their ideal “look”, is to glow.
There are so many skincare ingredients out there that serve so many different purposes that it can be easy to overlook the lesser known, yet still AMAZING, ingredients put into our serums, oils, and various elixirs. Here are our top ingredients working for a glow!
- Retinoids reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen. Natural Ferment filtrate from French Polynesia is a natural alternative that stimulates skin desquamation processes and perfect for dry and sensitive skin.
- Red Clover has long been used to treat irritating skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rashes.
- Vitamin C serums of 10 to 20 percent can start soothing redness after just a few weeks and brightening hyperpigmentation within three months. Highly active Encapsulated Peptide is a milder alternative to pure Vitamin C, helps to improve skin tone rapidly and suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- Roses are filled with antiaging and antioxidant Vitamins A, C, D, and E in addition to essential fatty acids, all of which are known to help reduce fine lines, plump up skin, and help encourage collagen strength and production.
- Willowherb extract has a unique anti-microbial, anti-irritant that has long been used to soothe common skin irritations, including rosacea and eczema.
Skincare Ingredients Great for a Glow
Retinoids reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen. They also stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin, which improves skin color. Additional benefits include fading age spots and softening rough patches of skin.
Retinoids strengthen the skin’s thickness and elasticity, slow the breakdown of collagen, and lighten brown spots caused by sun exposure. “I recommend retinoids to everybody,” Chicago dermatologist Carolyn Jacob, MD, says on WebMD, ” It’s never too early to start using a retinoid product.” Retinoids work by prompting surface skin cells to turn over and die rapidly, making way for new cell growth underneath.
Check out these ingredients that are a natural alternative to Retinoids, which are more effective and are perfect for dry and sensitive skin thanks to a pH balanced formula.
If you are new to choosing the right Anti Aging Ingredients for your skin, watch the video below. I answer some of the most popular questions, and misconceptions about Anti Aging skincare!
Red Clover Flower
Red Clover has long been used to treat irritating skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rashes. It boosts circulation which in turn speeds up the body’s natural elimination process which helps to clear skin conditions by moving the waste that builds up beneath the skin’s surface.
Red clover extract has been used in traditional medicine to promote skin and hair health. There is research showing that Red Clover can…
- Slow the process of skin aging due to its estrogen-like effects.
- Help to maintain youthful skin.
- Help to maintain vibrant skin.
- Ensures appropriate skin thickness.
- Ensures healthy keratinisation and vascularity of the skin.
“In a randomized study in 109 postmenopausal women, participants reported significant improvements in hair and skin texture, appearance, and overall quality after taking 80 mg of red clover extract for 90 days, “ from Healthline.
“Vitamin C has been shown to treat a huge variety of inflammatory skin conditions. Minimizing redness can create a more even complexion,” dermatologist Patricia Farris says in an interview with the National Library of Medicine.
The benefits of Vitamin C are vast, including its ability to even out skin tone and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its well-known for its skin-brightening benefits Forms of Vitamin C in Skin Care. Here’s a few things to know about Vitamin C!
Unlike most skin brighteners that work to fix damage after the fact, vitamin C is consistently working to prevent hyperpigmentation in the first place. Vitamin C interrupts tyrosinase—an enzyme that’s responsible for creating pigment in skin cells—while preventing the pigment you already have from getting darker!
How Fast Are The Results?
Research suggests that vitamin C serums of 10 to 20 percent can start soothing redness after just a few weeks and brightening hyperpigmentation within three months. It’s not something that will give you a quick and dramatic transformation
— it takes time and regular application to see the best results. You have to maintain usage to see the benefits.
The packaging Matters!
Biomedically speaking, vitamin C is very picky! Even the best formulas can quickly oxidize and become worthless if exposed to sunlight. Your vitamin C serum should be in an airless pump container or housed in an opaque or tinted glass bottle.
Check out these ingredients that are a milder alternative to pure Vitamin C, which are more effective and are perfect for dry and sensitive skin thanks to pH balanced formula.
Rose water is, indeed, a natural toner. It comes from the Rosa damascena flower, commonly known as the Damask rose, and is created by distilling rose petals with steam
Some of the benefits include
Roses have a long history of use for therapeutic benefits. Roses are filled with anti-aging and antioxidant Vitamins A, C, D, and E in addition to essential fatty acids, all of which are known to help reduce fine lines, plump up skin, and help encourage collagen strength and production. Rose water may be used daily as a moisturizer, oil, and wash.
- Antioxidant Powerhouse
- Healing Hydrator
- Wrinkle Eraser
- Redness Soother
- Oil Reducer
- Moisturize the skin
According to research from 2011, rose extract is a natural anti-inflammatory option for inflamed acne. The research also concluded that the antiseptic and antibacterial properties of rosewater can help heal cuts, burns, and scars more rapidly.
Willow Herb Has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.
If you are ever in need of reducing any type of inflammation or redness on the skin this is sure to calm and provide relief.
Willowherb extract is known for its ability to reduce inflammation and help heal ‘wounded’ skin, it is considered nature’s alternative to hydrocortisone and it comes to the rescue.
With such a complex array of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, there’s no doubt it’ll contribute to your glow!
Willow herb is a wildflower and has a unique anti-microbial, anti-irritant, and natural antiseptic that has long been used to soothe common skin irritations, including rosacea and eczema.
Derived from the bark of the willow tree, Willow Bark extract has been used for centuries to soothe irritated skin. Containing salicin — from which salicylic acid is derived — this versatile ingredient is both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, clearing pores and alleviating acne and irritation.
- Polyphenols — Phytonutrients (nutrients found in plants) with high antioxidant activity, polyphenols help our bodies fight free radicals that damage our skin’s DNA and contribute to signs of aging.
- Tannins — organic substances found in bark and other plant-based tissue. Tannins are highly astringent, which means they shrink or constrict body tissue, including the skin’s.
- Flavonoids — A type of polyphenol, flavonoids are high in antioxidant properties, making them excellent anti-agers. They’re also effective in protecting the skin’s barrier from environmental damage and has even been shown to inhibit photodamage after UV exposure.
If you’re looking for a product with any of these nourishing ingredients, Our snowperk skincare has a wide selection. Pore Minimising Booster features Red Clover flower extract, Glow & Hydrating booster features Rose extract and Skin Soothing & Hydrating Booster contains Willowherb extract, our boosters contain personalized formulas with natural and patented actives for wrinkles and dark spots and redness. Don’t forget to always check your ingredients and shop for your skin’s needs!