55 out of every 100 women suffer from some form of acne scar.
This means if your friend does not suffer from some sort of acne, you are!
Dealing with acne-prone skin is a long and dedicated journey of finding the right ingredients and products to keep your skin happy, healthy and glowing.
Read on for our evaluation of some of the best treatments for acne scars!
- Acne Scars form when there is an injury or inflammation
- Lasers and Micro needling are not effective to remove acne scars in the long run
- Prevent and treat acne scar with natural ingredients that have clinically proven studies!
What Are Acne Scars?
They say skincare is a journey – well, acne is a longer one.
Many of us often skip the aftercare of acne on our skin. This puts all our effort from not popping pimples or scratching at healing acne scars to waste.
These scars are more of the pigmentation changes our skin goes through in the process of healing as New York-based dermatologist Blair Murphy-Rose mentions.
Here’s the scientific explanation:
Acne scars are fibrous tissues that develop after an injury or inflammation on the skin. These fibrous tissues contain abnormal and damaged collagen fibers, which result in the skin not looking at its healthy appearance.
Why Lasers and Microneedling Don’t Get Rid of Acne Scars Completely
In a study done in 2016 it is shown that there is a lack of clinically proven studies surrounding acne scar treatments. There is even lesser research on the long lasting effects of such treatments.
Laser treatments and micro needling can’t remove acne scars on its own. This is because these lasers do not treat all types of acne scars at every depth. Hence, they are not a permanent cure for treating your acne scars. The most one can expect is “greater improvement” as compared to if the acne scars were left untreated.
But this does not mean that laser treatments do not work. They are just not the permanent solution.
How Do I Decide The Best Acne Scar Treatment?
Prevention is key – always apply SPF as it is known that acne scars and dark spots from pigmentation worsen under direct UV light. Start regularly applying SPF, even if you are indoors! While this does not help to remove acne scars that you have currently, they help with future prevention of acne formation.
Skin Soothing & Hydrating Booster To Treat Acne Scar Naturally
A great addition to have as an acne scar treatment for pre-breakout and post breakout. The Skin Soothing & Hydrating Booster includes concentrated actives that target the P.acnes bacteria and stoop its growth. It promises to reduce skin redness within 30 minutes, soothe the skin and reduce skin damage caused by oxidative stress. The serum’s soft and easily mixable formulation blends well into the skin, giving it a softer and calmer feel the moment you apply it.
- Canadian Willowherb, clinically proven to reduce skin redness within 30 minutes of use; consumers experience a reduction in blemishes and their skin is clearer in just 4 weeks**
- Kernel Corn, a superstar for prebiotic technology, is clinically proven to help deep hydration for up to 72 hours, and greatly improves the skin microbiome diversity for a healthy skin barrier in 7 days
Pore Minimising Booster To Prevent Acne Scar Safely
This booster is so much more than your regular face serum for oily skin. Pore Minimising Booster offers 2 very unique plant extracts to help shrink the appearance of large pores and regulate sebum.
- Lemon Myrtle, a native flower to rainforests in Australia, helps moderate oil levels on the skin, for a refined and matte look throughout the day
- Red Clover, a highly active Flower extract, is clinically proven to reduce sebum production rate by 17% and reduces the appearance of pore size for a refined and perfect skin in just 15 days. Perfect for anyone who is looking for a quick solution to oily skin or sudden acne breakouts!
These 2 ingredients are naturally derived which goes wonderfully with sensitive skin types as they are gentle, non-comedogenic and fast-acting!
Revitalising Mosituriser Cream and Balancing Moisturiser Gel-Cream
Strengthen skin barrier and suitable for sensitive skin
Some of the key ingredients in our Moisturiser Creams and Gel-Creams are:
- Purified sugar beetroot: Rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and iron, beetroot has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. It can help reduce acne breakouts, brighten the skin and slow signs of aging.
- Glycerin from coconut and palm oils: Coconut and palm oils contain antioxidants and fatty acids, which reduce inflammation, irritation, acne breakouts, and redness. They trap moisture in the skin, helping to hydrate and plump the skin while giving it a healthy glow.
If you have oily, combination or acne prone skin, you may try this bundle Soothing & Power Lift set(O) which includes Balancing Moisturiser Gel-cream, skin Soothing & Hydrating booster and Skin Firming Booster. This set works well as an acne scar treatment, reducing black heads/white heads and preventing early signs of aging.
Find Your True Skin Type and Build Your Routine
You do not need to be an oily skin type to be prone to acne, dry skin types are just as prone to acne breakouts and scarring.
The first step to clear, acne-free skin is to understand your unique skin type and pair products that compliment well with your skin concerns and lifestyle.
Our skin iD test will uncover your skin type and offer you a fully personalised routine with detailed information on which ingredients your skin needs.
What’s more – these products are developed and made right here in Singapore to ensure the highest standard of quality and safety.
Do you want to learn more about your skin type? Take the skin iD test today and receive a personalised skincare routine instantly.